[tlug] Re: Any recommendations for an ISP that will allow me to have a single IP and have it resolve to my name

Message: 11 Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:34:56 +0100 From: Godwin Stewart <godwin.stewart@??> Subject: Re: [tlug] (OT) Reverse DNS resolution blues- ISP recommendations? To: tlug@?? Message-ID: <20070301113456.61679021.godwin.stewart@??> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 13:30:57 +0900 (JST), scott@?? wrote:
> > Any recommendations for an ISP that will allow me to have a single IP
> > and have it resolve to my name?

I don't know the answer to that question since I'm nowhere near Japan,
but if you want a smarthost while you're sorting this out then let me
know off-list.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@??

Asahi Net will give you one static/fixed IP address (åå IP) with a NTT BFlet (fiber optic) base for about 7000 yen/month. They also have a campaign going where the first four month's service is free. They have knowledgeable tech support unlike I had with my previous provider Yahoo BB. Here is the English language contact information:

0570-01-3522 (from fixed telephone line)
03-3569-3522 (from PHS, cell or public phone)
eap-net@??

You can get a second static IP by ordering a second PPPoE sign-on name for about another 1000 yen/month. This is a family plan (FTTH with FLET'S Home Course, Plan M), not business, but Ashahi Net recognizes that you might be hosting a web site, mail server, using SSH, etc. If you do want to host web sites, this service offers everything you need: non-restricted port usage and fast, symmetric upload and download speeds.

Don Johnson amydonj@??