RE: [tlug] ruby and python in Japan

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:02:00 +0900
> From: Micheal Cooper <mcooper@??>
> Subject: [tlug] ruby and python in Japan
> To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@??>
>
> I have been using PHP and looking at more OOP scripting
> languages. I decided a while back that python was for me, and
> Django looks really good, but I have heard really good things
> about Ruby and Rails.
>
> I am wondering which, in the context of OSS-inclined people
> in Japan doing the bilingual thing, is a good direction to
> head off in. I don't want a flame war or advocacy show-down.
> I am just asking how many Django users, ROR users,
> Pythonistas, and Rubyists there are on TLUG. I am just wondering.

I am a long time perl purist.  ^^

I am just now branching out into other web languages.  O.o;;
They all seem so easy to learn.  Then again, perl being one of
the oldest and most developed also means that a lot of the
ideas that went into some of the newer stuff started there.  :)

Also, since most things these days try to look a lot like C,
starting from perl is not a bad place to be. :)

As for me, I was one of those poor fools back in the nineties that
thought certain proprietary browser specific scripting languages
(**coughjavascriptcough**) would never pick up.  I didn't count on
the fact that the different browser vendors would actually get
Cooperative with each other.  It just wasn't like them. ;P  And in the
end, the half Netscape half ie abomination that we all know and love
today actually has standards, and is the foundation of multiple
application
development models.
 ^_^

I have been looking at AJAX, and it actually looks pretty cool.