[tlug] A Ruby question

Title: Message
I am currently looking over the different scripting languages out there in an attempt to bring my coding skills more up to date.

I see that information on ruby lists rbx, rhtml, ruby, and rb as extensions associated with ruby scripts and libraries.

Which of these is most appropriate for a serverside script that would be accessed via a web browser (or rather which seems to be the most commonly used), and which would be so for a shell script?

Thanks for any input.

----
Kenneth M. Burling Jr