Re: [tlug] RE: Tlug Digest, Vol 14, Issue 23

On 2/20/07, Sigurd Urdahl <sigurdur@??> wrote:
If you want to make a compressed image you can burn to a DVD you could use

dd if=/dev/hda of=-|gzip -c  > /[somepath]/hda.image.gz

and use your favourite DVD-burner application to make a DVD with the
compressed image on. This of course requires that the file will fit on
the DVD (you could experiment with gzip -9, or bzip2 to get better
compression)
FYI,

If the size of the ( gziped ) image does not fit one DVD, we we use
split command to split it...

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu