Re: [tlug] HTML email [was: Pre-installed linux?]

On 2/12/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@??> wrote:
Lyle H Saxon writes:

 > Okay, I like HTML for everything except this list, but I'll switch
 > over to plain text nonetheless.

Thing is, there is absolutely no need for HTML in most email.

Well, first off, I'm on board with this now - note that this e-mail is coming to your computer in plain text. Just to give a couple of reasons why I like HTML though:

1) I write to a lot of older people with bad eyesight who are also not
very tech savvy.  Using HTML, I can select a font, size and color that
will be easier for them to read than plain text.

2) Hard returns at the end of every line!  I hate them!  With HTML,
the sentences within a paragraph wrap.  I have software to remove hard
returns, but a full paragraph without them is easier to work with.

Now, before you reload and fire ten more rounds my way, let me again
say *I'm on board mate! I'm on board!*

Lyle

This message brought to you in beautiful, clean, safe Plain Text, from
"On-Board Lyle".