[tlug] Solaris issues?

I see that there is an active thread that references Solaris here, but
I apparently missed the start of it, and I don't see much mention of
Solaris recently. It might be good if someone briefly reviewed the
context...

However, I'll go ahead and report that I recently explored Solaris
with the intention of giving it an experimental trial of the sort that
led me to using Ubuntu Linux. My overall conclusion was that it might
be a good OS for a certain category of serious hacker, but the
'learning curve' seems to be an excessive overhead and basically an
unreasonable waste for more average people. As a conclusion, I lost
interest for now.