Re: [tlug] Pre-installed linux?

On 2/11/07, Darren Cook <darren@??> wrote:
"do you have a recommended place to pick up a cheap linux PC? i just
need something to run ubuntu here at the office, but the dell i have
seems to have an unsupported video card..  is there anywhere that will
sell linux pre-installed machines to save me messing with setup etc?"

Hello,

Dell sells boxes with Linux pre-installed, and just recently they
started selling workstations with no OS installed whatsoever.

However, before you race out and buy a new box I would diagnose the
one you have to ensure it is not a simple issue that can be rectified.
It may be that the graphics card in that box is "supported", and there
may be a configuration error.

Post as much info about the issue and someone here may be able to
help. You will need to supply (at least): graphics card details, error
messages, version of Linux in use (e.g. Ubuntu Dapper), and if
possible the output of lspci (run that command on the command line).

Regards, Keith