[tlug] Enterprises and Open Source

Can someone point me to an essay that explains how Enterprises can
benefit from contributing to the Open Source? I am not looking after a
doc that explain how software development departments get benefited but
how *Enterprises* can gain from this approach.

I tried to google a bit but found no good paper that I can use.

I am planning to change the philosophy of a company ;)
but need to do my homework first.

Thanks.

//mauro//