[tlug] Vmware won't uninstall/re-install

TLUG,

My recent experiment with installing a new kernel has apparently had one more side effect. Vmware is no longer working.

Well, there's a new version anyway, so I thought maybe I'll upgrade.

I downloaded the new version from the Vmware site, and tried to install it.

$ sudo ./vmware-install.pl
A previous installation of VMware software has been detected.
Failure
Execution aborted.

Okay... went back to the site and it says previous versions need to be removed before upgrading. And it says all I have to do is run /usr/bin/vmware-uninstall.pl

Sounds easy, but then the computer replied:

/usr/bin/vmware-uninstall.pl: command not found

Hmmm... this is now getting a little sticky. I looked to see if there was a separate uninstaller available, but there's none that I could find.

Is there something I can do to wipe the old version out and clean out the system to prepare for a new version of Vmware?

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft
Kernel 2.6.17.7