Re: [tlug] debugfs on ext3 filesystems?

On 1/16/07, scott <scott@example.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was studying the command debugfs and was trying to search for deleted
inodes on an ext3 filesystem, but none ever came up, even after deleting
a file, unmounting the partition, and running debugfs

I've just googled and found some interesting URLs:

http://mux03.panda64.net/diary/20060808.html#p01
http://blog.miraclelinux.com/mita/2006/06/ext3__e742.html

I have not tested it myself but arcording to the posts, we can
recovery deleled files, *PARTLY*, with hope.

In the case the deleted file is plain text, we have more chance to recover it.

HTH

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu