Re: [tlug] Xen advice, please

I'm still new to Linux and, in trying to understand, I may be confusing:
Xen = VMWare = Wine, No?
As I understand it now, WINE (Wine is Not and Emulator) is used to run
Windows programs with out having to have Windows installed as it provides
all the APIs windows programs need to run.
And, I assume, that VMWare IS and emulator to Run Windows and DOES require
a licensed copy of Windows in order to work correctly, and slowly, in
running Windows application.
Xen is new to me and it seems that it is some sort of Virtual Machine
environment.  I have NO experience with it.
Perhaps it would be best to ignore my comments as I may not be
understanding this thread, if the above is not correct.

-Keith M.

             Niels Kobschätzki
             <n.kobschaetzki??
             ooglemail.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  Tokyo Linux Users Group
             tlug-bounces+krma         <tlug@example.com>
             nnisto=uss.com@??                                          cc
             ug.jp
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [tlug] Xen advice, please
             01/09/2007 11:51
             AM

             Please respond to
             Tokyo Linux Users
                   Group
              <tlug@example.com>

On Jan 9, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Keith R Mannisto wrote:

> In this thread, WINE seems to be missing.
> Is there any reason to exclude WINE as an option?

eh - you run several virtual servers on one machine parallel with
WINE? is this some new function i missed?

niels