[tlug] Corpus/Corpse/Body/Person/Corporation

Jim writes:

 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:
 >
 > > ... "you" may be a corporate person.
 >
 > By "corporate person", did you mean an employee of a corporation,
 > or did you mean the corporation itself (in the sense that by legal
 > definition, a corporation is a "person")?

I mean the latter.  Strictly speaking, the entity doesn't have to be a
corporation to be able to "deploy", as I understand it.  It simply has
to use the software to provide a service that third parties could
perform for themselves if they had a copy of the software.

The problem that "deploy == distribute" clauses try to address is the
so-called "ASP loophole", where a company that creates a derivative of
copyleft software chooses not to distribute the derivative program,
but instead has the user send the data to the company for processing.