Re: [tlug] Writing on a CD

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, John Joseph wrote:

Wanted to transfer some data to a CD. How do I do that.
Looking for some simple tips on this issue

For what it's worth, here are the scripts I use to make an ISO file and then burn that file to a CD.

cjs
#!/bin/sh

if [ X"$1" = X"-b" ]; then
    netbsd_bootable="true"
    shift
fi

if [ -z "$2" ]; then
    echo 1>&2 "Usage: [sudo] makeiso [-b] <root-dir> <output-file>"
    exit 2
fi

bootfile=$(cd $1; echo  */installation/floppy/boot-big.fs)
if [ -n "$netbsd_bootable" ]; then
    # Bootable, so assume it's an OS CD and preserve file ownership, suid, etc.
    mkisofs -o "$2" -J -r -l -allow-leading-dots \
	-c boot.catalog -b "$bootfile" "$1"
else
    # We use -R to reset ownership, etc.,
    # because we assume this should be a completely readable CD.
    mkisofs -o "$2" -J -R -l -allow-leading-dots "$1"
fi
#!/bin/sh
if [ -z "$1" ]; then
    echo "Usage: cdburn <image-file> [options ...]"
    exit 2
fi
image_file="$1"; shift
# XXX Should this really be -tao? It was the old default....
cdrecord dev=/dev/rcd0d -eject -tao "$@" "$image_file"