[tlug] Re: Pietro's explanation of voting for (3)

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 06:56:30 +0900
From: "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
Subject: [tlug] Pietro's explanation of voting for (3)
To: "Tokyo Linux Users Group" <tlug@example.com>

On 05/12/06, Pietro Zuco <drzuco@example.com> wrote:
Pietro's comment, in full:

> I think no body had
> voted the [3] option, so I will explain why I voted to it maybe I will

> get someone more that vote for the [3] option ;-) I think that the
> people that are not able to do the so easy task to put tlug/archives
> to access the archives will not be able to understand the content of
> the archives. If it's a problem about "information" I think the same
> as saying before. The user that is not able to find in the page the
> information of how to access to the archives, and even if he/she/it
> found it, still can't do that easy task of write tlug/archives,  or in

> the worst case, he/she/it/something get boring about doing it, maybe
> "that user" will be not able to understand a little more complicated
> thing as mailing list rules or will be boring to follow that rules as
> boring to access the archives and then will put stupid questions, and
> so forth. The think I want to say is that I thing the archives are
> really easy to access and someone really interested to access then can

> do it. That's all, sorry for the long extra comment.

The thing is, that some of the more technical things that get discussed
would quite simply not be understandable to some people.  To be blunt
however, those particular topics are only understood by about a quarter
of the list anyway, and it varies as to which quarter understands it.
:P We don't refuse each other access to the information. ^_^

The choice to open access to the archives is not just a matter of
technical prowess.

We would like the list easily accessable to those who wish to do so.
The ability to link directly to an article can be of much use at times.
Also, like was already said: Google! :P

^_^

And for those few poor unfortunates who truly can't figure out how to
get into the archives from the web page, the archives have that
information too. >:P