Re: [tlug] Email address munging in the TLUG archives

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 22:37:39 -0500
> From: Jim <jep200404@example.com>
> Subject: Re: [tlug] RE: Email address munging in the TLUG archives
> To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@example.com>
>
> burlingk@example.com wrote:
>
> > Another option would be to obscure the email address all
> together, and
> > link to a webform to let you email the user.  It could be backed up
> > with a simple perl script, and if the person they email
> wants them to
> > have their email address, they simply respond to the email.
>
> I've heard of spammers loving webform email.
> It makes their spam legitimate.

I am beginning to agree with the philosophy presented the other day
(don't remember by who) that maybe we should just mess up the email
addresses and leave them messed up, and let those who want to respond
subscribe to the list.

Not everyone who was ever on the list stayed on the list.  They might
not all want to be emailed by random people about comments that they may
have made at four am, three years ago. ^_^

If someone has a serious question that the archives cannot resolve, then
they might be better off getting connected to the list anyway.  We seem
to handle issues fairly well here. :-)