[tlug] Re: multiregion playbadk WAS (Advice on buying a Macbook)

Godwin Stewart wrote:

> I don't know how many times you're going to post this question, but
> once again, any DVD playback software built around libdvdread and
> libdvdcss (mplayer comes to mind, or, if you want the navigation
> capabilities, xine) doesn't care what the DVD drive's region setting is.
> My own DVD drive is set to region 2 but I can still watch region 1 DVDs
> no problem.

Sadly, some dvd drives have enhanced protection, that prevents
libdvdread/libdvdcss from brute-forcing the encryption.
The one in my Thinkpad (R52) for example (Don't remember the make of
that drive right now).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de
このメールは十割再利用されたビットで作られています。