Re: [tlug] multiregion playbadk WAS (Advice on buying a Macbook)

Hi,

any DVD playback software built around libdvdread and
libdvdcss (mplayer comes to mind, or, if you want the navigation
capabilities, xine) doesn't care what the DVD drive's region setting is.

 Yes generally true.

My own DVD drive is set to region 2 but I can still watch region 1 DVDs
no problem.

Do you have a new macbook with a Matshita UJ857?

It is being said that Handbrake which is based on libdvdread and
libdvdcss fails due to characteristics of that hardware.

Shawn

Again, sorry for multiple posts.