Re: [tlug] Subdirectory of /home on separate volume?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote...

> If you are going to create a user account named "music" to own the
> music files, then /home/music may be good.  Other possibilities would
> include /usr/local/share/music or /var/db/music.
>
> The /home/music option may be best if users are going to be managing
> the files with generic tools like nautilus or cp.  The latter, less
> user-friendly, options are more appropriate if you want to have the
> users use some particular application to access the music, and that
> application can be configured to look there without the user knowing
> or caring what the actual filesystem structure it.

Thank you again, all of you, for the good advice. Since I am currently
the only user, I simply created a new directory /home/music on the
other disk drive (after creating a huge partition), made myself the
owner, and am now happily using it as my storage place for music files.

--
Tenga Wataru, Tokyo