Re: [tlug] antispam tricks

Mauro Sauco writes:

 > ASSP proxy solved all my problems. Takes NO TIME to install, it is a
 > proxy so no modifications needed to your current system (just make smtp
 > liten on a different port), and needs practically NO MAINTENANCE.

Looks good.  The main worry I have about it is it's a Perl program,
and my experience with Perl daemons like SpamAssassin is that they
tend to be unreliable[1] because of the very uneven quality of CPAN
code.  Cf. the top item on the asspsmtp/wiki this morning. :-)

How good are the developers?

Footnotes:
[1]  SpamAssassin pukes on 0-10 spams per day on my site (haven't
checked since the last upgrade, though).  It looks like there's some
cockup in the child fork code, the child zombies out, and the next
message is just passed on without any checking.