Re: [tlug] Re: Becoming Windows Free: Linux Lazer Printers

I got more information about LBP-1110 and linux.

http://bbs.fedora.jp/read.php?FID=8&TID=3428
In this fedora-JP BBS, someone said LBP-1110 is equal to LBP-810,
and existence of rev-engineering based driver.
Here is a reverse-engineering based driver for LBP-810 and LBP-1120.
http://www.boichat.ch/nicolas/capt/

In my understand as I read source of canon's capt driver for linux, cups filter 'pstocapt' use resolution definition in ppd file and pass it to a gs command to generate pgm file. Then CUPS pass pgm file to cups backend.

PPD is defined to use capt backend, which is a proprietary program.
So we cannot know what do inside capt backend.

Only we can do is modifing LBP-1120 PPD file for LBP-1110.
ex. rename filename, change string like 'LBP-1120' to 'LBP-1110' and
change resolution if needed.

If capt backend rejected LBP-1110, we cannot go ahead with canon driver.

Hiroshi