Re: [tlug] Upgrading Sucks (was: FC5 Sucks: firewire drive/videos)

Hi,

> > BTW, Fedora has a relatively short life cycle. I upgraded when security
> > updates for FC4 stopped.

I went the Legacy route for FC3.

Would like to avoid frequent upgrades on my next box.

> Gentoo may be a little work to set up, but it is very nice for people
> who want new bits of software without upgrading world.

Hmm, how is this so?

I mean I can get a 2.6.18 kernel via Gentoo which is what FC6 is about
on.

RHEL and SUSE enterprise stuff are not there yet.

So it seems to me like Gentoo is a little more cutting edge that what
say CentOS offers.

Am thinking of a Dospara PC with a ASUS P5B-VM motherboard which has a
jmicron chip bug for kernels below 2.6.18 so that's why I've been
looking.

Shawn