Re: [tlug] Converting Canna data files

[stephen@example.com ([tlug] Converting Canna data files) writes:]
>> Jim Breen writes:
>>
>>  > Can anyone throw some light on converting Canna's binary dictionary
>>  > files into text versions.
>>
>> You might look at some of the other projects that produce
>> Canna-compatible dictionaries (eg, shion).  Also, the Canna mailing
>> list is still working (as of a couple months ago, anyway), and Akira
>> Kon still answers questions about Canna on it. :-)

I managed to work it out. If the Canna (binary) dictionary is "pub.cbd"
you have to do "dpbindic pub.cbd pub.mwd > text_file".

How do you know about the "pub.mwd"? Well, if you just do a
"dpbindic pub.cbd", it says: "pub.mwd ........." telling you,
among other things, the source format. All a bit convoluted.

The latest files I could find from shion are 5 years old, and
are identical to the ones that came with Canna.

Thanks

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554