Re: [tlug] .jp domain

On 24 ÊOk. 2006, at 1:41 PM, Gerald Naughton wrote:

Hi All
I`m looking to register a .jp domain(not .co.jp)
and my provider is asking 10000yen/year for domain

anyone use cheaper alternatives ?
thank

We transferred our .jp domains to jp-domains.com where I believe the charge was for JPY6000/year and no charge for transferring a domain. The cost may have been slightly higher for a first-time domain registration, but the website will have current rates.

Definitely cheaper than what our previous registrar japanregistry.com was offering at the time but with competition finally arriving in the overpriced .jp domain market, there may well be cheaper alternatives. Just be certain to check to conditions, minimal required years, etc. to make certain you know why the price is cheap. As prices seem to be dropping, it might be worth going with a vendor that allows 1 year registrations and seeing where domain rates are in a year.

				Cheers,
				Bruce