[tlug] Linux Zaurus is very cool

TLUG,

Well, I finally got a Zaurus SL-3200, and want to report that they are
really cool.  Not like people on this list didn't know that.  There was
a discussion several months back, and that's when I knew I wanted one.
Thanks to the people who posted about Zaurus then.  It's everything they
said it was, and more.

The screen is wonderful, the sound is great for a computer that small,
moving files to and from Windows or Linux computers is fast and easy,
the Japanese-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries are really
handy, and the Calendar program is nice.  Switching between applications
or opening new ones happens in a snap.

I have 3 questions:
1. Has anyone successfully installed a Linux distribution on one, or set
it up to double-boot?  How complicated is that?  I looked at the Wiki
page on Zaurii, and a few of the Zaurus-compatible distributions
(including OpenZaurus) and it looks pretty tough.
2. Has anyone converted the help screens and menus to English?  How hard
is that?  It would be nice to have them all in English, although I can
get by with them in Japanese.
3. How about the Syncing software (IntelliSync)?  Someone said in a
and a Linux distribution.  I have not.  I tried to do it while reading
the manual last night for about 2 hours, and gave up in frustration.  I
very rarely use Windows, but it would be nice to transfer email and
contact info automatically, so I'll use Windows if I have to.

Non-Zaurus-related:
It's been a long time since I posted.  I received some really valuable
help a few months ago with setting up Debian on my generic PrimePC, and
it's very 'genki.'  Thanks again for that.

For awhile I was using Ubuntu since almost everything worked for me in
Ubuntu, but Debian had a few advantages, such as flexibility and
customizability in my case, so I went back to Debian.

Thank you.
Joe