Re: [tlug] BSD and Linux (was:Linux and Windows {2k|Xp|Vista} Comparison)

On 22/10/06, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

Sigh, I really am not watching my words.  I just took a look at the last
several security updates.  A few involved patching the kernel, and that
might be what I was remembering, one of those where I had to rebuild
world because of my custom kernel.

On an intellectual level, just having a custom kernel should not require rebuilding world. But then again, I don't know FreeBSD well enough to know why it could.

I suspect that Stephen is right: there are ways around rebuilding
world, but that is the easiest and safest thing to do.

-Josh