Re: [tlug] navigating the LAN (Windows/SAMBA)

Charles Muller wrote:

>Indeed. smbk4 was one of the tools I tried to use when setting this up.
I was able to see my folders on the network, but my password wouldn't go
through. Since I was able to get through from the commandline, as well
as from a straightforward file-open window in KDE, I just ignored
smbk4--although I am having trouble removed the changes it made in the
Konqueror desktop.

It sounds like you don't really need smb4k. The only time I had problems connecting to a remote machine with smb4k was if the remote machine was running Windows and there didn't exist a identical user on the Windows box with the same password as the one I was logged in with on the Linux box. OR the remote machine was also a Linux box running SAMBA using user authentication, but I hadn't added my same user name and password into the SAMBA database of the remote machine with the "smbpasswd" command. Other than those two problems, the only other problem I had was the SELinux one I mentioned in the previous post. I am using a KDE desktop and just browse with Konqueror, so I don't understand what you mean about using a Konqueror desktop. I haven't noticed any changes to my user interface caused by smb4k.

Don