Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update warning and fix

On 8/23/06, Shannon Jacobs <shannon.jacobs@example.com> wrote:
Yesterday Ubuntu pushed out a patch that will probably do great harm to your
X windows. Today the upgrade has been updated to fix it, so you can use
"apt-get upgrade" from the shell to recover from the upgrade.

Basically a public service announcement for Ubuntu users--but it took me a
while to figure out how to fix it...

The best fix is not to upgrade unless you confirm that the upgrade
fixes a security bug.

Bug I also did the upgrade yesterday and the fix was dead simple (downgrade)

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-core=1:1.0.2-0ubuntu10

Evan