Re: [tlug] [OT] Recommendations for PHP debuggers?

On 21/08/06, stephen@example.com <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

 > With Perl and the CGI.pm module, debugging is as simple as:
 >
 > perl -d /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/foo.cgi one_cgi_param=foo
 > another_cgi_param=bar

That doesn't tell you what Apache hands to the CGI---you have to
figure it out for yourself and type it in by hand on the command line,
which could be quite annoying if you've got a handler set so that an
arbitrarily deeply nested path gets handed a complex query from one
click in a form originally accessed by the URL "http://tlug.jp/";.

Of course you have to figure out the params. But doesn't your code
already have an option to write its CGI parameters to a logfile? :)

I was just trying to demonstrate how Perl can debug from the command
line without much effort.

-Josh