Re: [tlug] can't view iso-2022 in mutt

On 2006/08/06@??:12, <Scott Robbins> wrote:
  Scott> I can't read Jim Breen's Japanese.
  Scott>
  Scott> I run FreeBSD, fluxbox, and as I said, mlterm.  The mlterm
  Scott> program has an option for ISO-2022, however, setting it doesn't
  Scott> help.

I believe libiconv is doing the dirty job of transcoding ISO-2022.
You provably need ICONV and S-LANG instead of NCOURSES enabled at
compile time.
I am using Mutt 1.5.9i and have no problems with ISO-2022 with the
following config.

:mutt -v
[..]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK   -USE_INODESORT
-USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_GNUTLS  -USE_SASL
-USE_SASL2
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  -HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  -HAVE_BKGDSET
-HAVE_CURS_SET  -HAVE_META  -HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME
-CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  -HAVE_LIBIDN  +HAVE_GETSID
+HAVE_GETADDRINFO  -USE_HCACHE
ISPELL="/usr/bin/ispell"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER
[..]

I use a utf-8 enabled terminal and kick mutt as follows:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8 MM_CHARSET=UTF-8 mutt

We could better help you if you give us more info like version compile
options etc.

Hope this helps.

//mauro//

--