Re: [tlug] Xen and VT

On 28/07/06, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:

Has anyone tried Xen with VT?

I'm curious because my shiny relatively-new laptop has a Core Duo in
it, which supports Intel's VT extensions (which actually allow you to
virtualise Windows properly, for instance).  I'd like to have a go
with it, but getting a kernel that likes my laptop's shiny bits and
also has Xen in could prove troublesome, so I'm asking first...

Hrm... Gentoo? Junichi Uekawa gave an awesome presentation at the tech
meeting today on getting Debian to run on his MacBook (with Core Duo
CPU), and he said that while Debian compatibility is pretty close (he
had to apply a few patches himself on top of Deb Unstable), Gentoo is
even better.

Gentoo has a Zen ebuild.

-Josh