Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity

Scott,

Thanks for responding.
It sounds like you are almost there, especially if the kernel recognizes the device when you plug it in. Did you try doing the
pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 --list
about 2 or 3 seconds after pressing hotsync?
Yes. Long story short, if in any test of the Palm Pilot I hit the hotsync button before doing something on my desktop, nothing happens. The desktop application waits indefinitely, and the hotsync on the Palm eventually times out.

Anyway keep on hacking, there is a way to make it work. Probably.
I've just now tried subscribing to the Pilot Link mailing list. Maybe they'll have some ideas I haven't seen yet.

--
Dave M G