Re: [tlug] [OT] Strip Kanji from a document for study purposes

Jim Breen,

Thank you for responding.
>>> (This message includes utf8 encoded Japanese text)
>>>

> Which arrived in the digest version as ??????????

Sorry, did I not send it correctly or something?

> What you want is <drumroll>WWWJDIC</drumroll>.

Sweet. That pretty much does exactly what I was looking for. I can work
with this to do essentially what I wanted to do.

However, is it an imposition to make a suggestion to you as the
developer since I don't have the skills to really do anything myself
about it:

Might there be a way to show the output without the original text
included? And also not have each sentence parsed individually?

The way it comes out now, each sentence is displayed before the list of
words contained in that sentence. One of the issues is that if a word
appears over and over again in different sentences, then it will show up
again and again in each list of words.

For what I'm going for, it would be ideal to take the whole text and
create a list in such a way so that there would be no duplicates.

I'd also favour not showing the original sentences along with the word
lists, as what I'm trying to do is separate out grammar and vocabulary
study.

In any case, the above suggestion aside, WWWJDIC is very cool. Thank you
for developing it.

--
Dave M G