Re: [tlug] [OT] Strip Kanji from a document for study purposes

On 19/07/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

(eg, last I heard rikaichan was not open at all, which is one reason why I don't use it).

True, but it is Free:

http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan/

(scroll down to "License").

You don't consider the GPL an open license, Steve? ;)

Seriously, if the OP is down with Javascript, rikaichan might actually
be a decent base for scripting, since it already does most of what he
needs. I have been meaning to hack up rikaichan to make me kanji
flashcards, but I was lazy and decided to go with the White Rabbit
Press ones instead:

http://www.whiterabbitpress.com/catalog/Japanese-Kanji-Flashcards-Volume-2-p-16134.html

-Josh