[tlug] Proprietary Sony

Not directly a Linux topic, but I'll comment that Sony did the same thing with their Clie vis a vis the Palm OS. However, my main beef there is that they changed my life--and then cancelled the changes when they decided the profits were inadequate. Plenty of blame to go around, however. Mostly Microsoft's fault for their success in inducing Palm to commit suicide by feeping creaturitis... Still, I don't plan on buying any Sony devices in the future. Proprietary and Linux are fundamentally at odds. (Like Microsoft and free support.)