Re: [tlug] SCIM/Anthy on CentOS

Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> ... I installed CentOS.    ... chose to have Japanese support

> The scim anthy combo isn't available through CentOS repositories

I have no idea how valid the following is:

   http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/scim-anthy-0-0.8.0-2.el4.kb.html

The el4 that appears in the path and RPM file name refers to
(Red Hat) Enterprise Linux 4.
RPMs made for RHEL generally work well for same version Centos,
since Centos is RHEL recompiled without the RH trademarks.
Centos tracks RHEL.

> I don't know if they [Centos] can use Fedora or not,

Using Fedora RPMs is gambling. Use RHEL RPMs.

DAG has a good archive of extra RPMs for RHEL/Centos,
but I don't see any anthy or scim stuff on his site:

   http://dag.wieers.com/packages/

> So, for the moment, I'm going to add a recommendation to my page that
> CentOS users stick with kinput2-canna.

I'm curious how well the following works.
http://linux2ch.bbzone.net/index.php?SCIMFAQs#content_1_11
has clues. Skip down to the yum-ish stuff, that goes something like:

# cd /etc/yum.repos.d
# wget http://centos.karan.org/kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo
# rpm --import http://centos.karan.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-karan.org.txt
# yum install scim scim-libs scim-anthy anthy-7100b kasumi