Re: [tlug] My first PVR project - advice will not be distained

On Jun 16, 2006, at 11:48, Joshua Eli Bearden wrote:

I found a number of similar incantations on mailing lists.  I didn't
know where to find modprobe.conf (if it even exists on my system)
/etc/modprobe.conf (or /etc/modprobe.d if the former doesn't exist)
'man modprobe.conf' for the details
but I used a command like:
# modprobe saa7134 card=32 tuner=50  # different numbers

That should be fine. And helpful as you experiment because you can remove a module and try new options.

Oh it sounds like you've achieved my nirvana. I on the other hand have
descended into hell: yesterday in despair I bought yet another tuner/capture card: Haupage PVR 150. It seemed, according to lspci and dmesg to almost completely recognize the card. But noe of the applications were actually
working yet.

The last time I checked, I seem to recall the PVR ?50 family was not supported directly by the standard v4l2 modules. You may need to fetch the driver from http://ivtvdriver.org/

Things just went from bad to worse [...]
  I'm going kayaking in the rain for two days as pennance

You are enthusiastic to schedule that during the rainy season.

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/