Re: [tlug] sylpheed vs sylpheed-claws

On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:29:01 -0400
Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

> Something I have noticed is that new versions of Sylpheed are
> much much slower than the darn fast old versions.
> I don't know when the change happened.
This was the original concern of sylpheed's lead developer and that's why
he was reluctant to switch to gtk2. While the gtk1 version was certainly
enough for people who only write mails in one language, lets face it:
it's dead technology.
The tree widget that renders your folders is said to be slower in gtk2
due to the feature bloat, though I didn't notice much speed degradation
in sylpheed even on my old laptop after I switched to the gtk2 version.