[tlug] Google.com Job Alert: Enterprise Tech Support Engineer

Hi Guy's,

Someone at Google.com contacted me about this job, and if I could recommend anyone to them. This is out of my skill range, but if anyone is interested in this, please contact me for a self-evaluation form that I would be happy to pass on to them (Google.com) attached with your resume for you.

Cheers.

Bruce McIntosh

Enterprise Technical Support Engineer - Tokyo

Position based in Tokyo, Japan.

You will be part of the dynamic team bringing the same technology that powers Google's award-winning search engine to companies throughout Japan, allowing our customers to offer "the Google Search experience" in their enterprise environment.

As part of the growing Enterprise business team in Japan, you will be working side by side with a Sales manager to provide enterprise technical solutions to customers in the office and in the field.

Following the sale, be the on-site technology expert that provides solutions to customers in the areas of system configuration, network setup, replication and diagnosis of customer issues. You will perform hands-on product certification, as well as be the customer advocate to product managers for product improvements. You will help to grow the business in Japan and have the opportunity to travel throughout Japan working with some of the top companies in the world!

Job Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related engineering major. Business level English communication skills and native (or equivalent) in Japanese. • 2+ years industry experience in technical support, professional 2+ services, engineering, or systems engineering. • Strong Linux/Unix system administration skills with understanding of basic network administration. • Strong understanding of Web-related standards, such as HTTP, HTML, XML, XSLT. • Understanding of Web-based security standards (cookie-based SSO, SAML, NTLM, Basic). • Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting and supporting Linux/Unix operating system, Internet-based applications, and Apache web servers. • Strong presentational and communication skills, both verbal and written. • Outstanding account management, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail. • Excellent customer skills and ability to work in a variety of customer situations. • Familiarity with programming/scripting in C++, Java, Python, Perl, JavaScript, shell is preferred. • Experience with relational databases (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostGreSQL, SQLServer) is preferred. • Experience with developing training materials and documentation development is preferred. Past experience with network appliance technical support is a plus. Please note only candidates with Japanese work authorization will be considered.