Re: [tlug] Running multiple web development environments on one machine

On Wed, 17 May 2006 00:08:45 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> But, before I even get to that point, how can I install the different
> versions?

I think you're going about it the wrong way - but that's just my
personal opinion.

The thing you're going to be running into the most version-related
problems with is PHP. However, if you code your stuff in a way that
*never* assumes "register_globals" is on and pay attention to
version-related pitfalls in the php.net documentation, then your code
will be extremely portable and really should run everywhere.

So, install whatever versions you think will be closest to what you'll
be working with and use that. Don't bother with multiple versions of
software at all.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it
back in your pocket.