Re: [tlug] iSCSI, Network Block Devices, Virtual Machines

Patrick Niessen wrote:
> 1. iSCSI.  There seem to a few projects around that provide iSCSI for
> linux, but my understanding is that its not part of the standard
> kernel.  Is any of the implementations actually regarded as
> "production level"?

The IET[1] seem to be the best target at present.  I have used this but
not for anything serious.
> 3. Finally, to get good data safety with few bucks I thought about
> combining both, ie. use iSCSI to connect an application server to a
> remote Linux server, which makes an drbd volume available as a target,
> with changes being replicated to a standby host.

I haven't used iSCSI drbd in a high availability I would suggest you
read the IET archive.  [2]This is probably what you are looking for.

Edward

1. http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/
2. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.iscsi.iscsi-target.devel/2295