[tlug] Debian stuck package

To Debian Wizzes:

During a recent Etch install, the package mozilla-firefox-locale-ko failed to install properly, and is now jamming up apt-get. I've tried

apt-get -f install
apt-get remove
apt-get --purge remove
apt-get clean

...and I just can't get rid of the package. For example:

   xps8250:/home/chuck# apt-get remove mozilla-firefox-locale-ko
   Reading package lists... Done
   Building dependency tree... Done
   The following packages will be REMOVED:
   mozilla-firefox-locale-ko
   0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
   1 not fully installed or removed.
   Need to get 0B of archives.
   After unpacking 696kB disk space will be freed.
   Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 83905 files and directories currently installed.)
   Removing mozilla-firefox-locale-ko ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-firefox-locale-ko.postrm: line 12: update-mozilla-firefox-chrome: command not found
   dpkg: error processing mozilla-firefox-locale-ko (--remove):
   subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
   mozilla-firefox-locale-ko
   xps8250:/home/chuck#

If I try -f install, or any other apt-related command, I get the same results. Any suggestions?

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities