Re: [tlug] Ubuntu "Asian" Language Support

Jim wrote:
> >From http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=929:
>
>    ... Mark Shuttleworth confirmed ... Dapper Drake ... 1 June.
>    ... the extra time will be devoted to ... Asian language support ...
>
> This is encouraging. Asia's a big place, so it's not clear whether
> by "Asian language", he meant CJK or south Asian or central Asian
> languages or all the above.

When we spoke to him, it was suggested that they make a DVD with full
CJK support, rather then distributing a CD that required you to download
extra packages for input support.  At the time he said they would do
that.  It was also suggested that a version with some commercial
packages (i.e. input, word processors) would be a good idea.

Edward