Re: [tlug] how to input not so often used characters: takashimaya-no-taka

Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com> writes:
>> Is there a way to input those characters? Of course I could just write
>> them down, but when all other people's names are printed it is better
>> to print also those...
>
> Traditionally, people have found such logographs by learning lookup
> methods such as radical/+stroke, total stroke, or four-corner.
>
> I have a traditional radical table attached to my dictionary at
>
>    http://www.buddhism-dict.net/dealt/index/radical-index.html
>
> and you can find the "takashimaya" logograph at
>
>    http://www.buddhism-dict.net/dealt/index/189.html
>
> Nowadays componentized lookup is becoming possible. The Mojikyo group
> was the first that I know of that offered an effective component-based
> lookup program (this is, however, commercial/windows). Jim Breen also
> has a nice component-based lookup interface at
>
>    http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1R

Wow, thanks !! This is exactly what I was looking for ^^. Actually I
also looked into my electronic dictionnary which has a kanji dictionnary
and to some extent has some search capability with those methods, but
the characters weren't there (or I couldn't find them..).

Now I'll be sure to bookmark those links for when I need them some day
^^.

Evan