Re: [tlug] Networking with an ADSL Router

Hi David,

--- David Riggs <dariggs@example.com> wrote:
> I have a YahooBB adsl connection and a four port
> router with two
> Debian/Sarge and one Mac OS 9 boxes, all accessing
> the net without
> problem. I see my addresses are something like
> 192.168.0.x where x
> varies from time to time when I have to rerun
> dhclient after the adsl
> connection dies.

Why use DHCP when you have three machines? You can
simply configure the IP addresses statically.

Your ADSL connection is taken care by your router.
Even if your net connection fails, you should be able
to use your local LAN.

This is my setup:

http://www.shakthimaan.com/installs/bsnl-dataone.html

(BSNL is a Government ISP in India).

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Hexaware Technologies