[tlug] Remembering the Kanji - summary and thank you

Hi all

Just to summarize:
The answer to my original question is that this was stroke count for the
character.  I guess it was so obvious it never entered my mind.

Also there is info on the web about this including
An active yahoo group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Remembering_The_Kanji/

A java practice tool (I still haven't quite got it working but am trying
to use it on Solaris 7) called KanjiGym (http://www.kanjigym.de).

A tool for learning/reviewing kanji (that I haven't had time to play
with yet) at http://kanji.koohii.com/

And I found a very nice set of flash cards in PDF format at
http://www.polarcloud.com/node/39.  Actually there are two sets and I'm
still digging through them.  The first set has 345 pages double sided.
These look useful in general for learning the basic character set.  I
think the second set of cards go with Mr. Heisig's third book in the
Remembering_the_Kanji series.

More info at http://www.nanzan-u.ac.jp/SHUBUNKEN/welcome.htm which it is
my impression is a site the Mr. Heisig is active at.

I think that's everything.  Please see the thread for attribution.  The
only thing I found on my own here was the flash cards.

I got far more response than expected.  This will take a while to
digest.  Thank you everyone!

Steve Smith