Re: [tlug] Runaway iiimfd

[Hiroshi Miura (Re: [tlug] Runaway iiimfd) writes:]
>> I have a chance to meet one of core engineer and talked him about this
>> trouble today.
>> He says he can understand a situation and may know where it have an
>> infinite loop bug.

It's good that he can understand the situation like that.

>> He adviced me if we faced such a problem, we can go to virtual console
>> and can restart iiimf succesfully.

Actually I tried it, but the paging stops a virtual console being used.
I have put in a cron job which checks for iiimd once each minute, and if
it is missing, it restarts it.

>> We, IIIMF project, are now a last stage of  QA for next major release,
>> so fix of this problem will be done after release, I think.

Once that release is out, I'll see if the bug persists.

Thank you very much.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554