Re: [tlug] Does Linux need, or have, a firewall?

Dear Dave,

On 2/21/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
TLUG,

 <snip> Linux /Windows firewall stuff

But I'm still not getting the throughput that I hoped for.

Instead of going into details about firewalling on Linux, I wanted to ask you something.
a.) You set up a linux box with p2p software
b.) You connected to the internet and started to download
c.) The connection is slow  (low throughput)

You are wondering why this happened and are now thinking of firewall issues, is that right?

Jan