Re: [tlug] Article Writing Opportunity

On 11/02/06, Godwin Stewart <godwin.stewart@example.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:53:52 +0900, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Godwin, these names--the company's or the individual's--do not ring
> > any bells with you, do they?
>
> linuxforums.org is fairly well-known - on the right side.

Excellent!

> What Received: headers were in the mail?

All valid--the mail came straight from Mark's server to mine.

> > According to Mark, the copyright on any articles you write would be
> > owned by coreroot.com.
>
> That's standard practice.

Indeed. I am not terribly interested in writing stuff that I lose the
copyright to, but others on the list may not have such reservations.

O'Reilly is actually pretty great about that--they only own the
copyright for my stuff in printed form, so I am allowed to post my RGH
chapters on my website if I want to.

Lyle, how about it? You write well--maybe you could write a review of
Ubuntu 5.10 for them, or clean up one of your many SuSE reviews and
get paid for it. :)

Cheers,
Josh