Re: [tlug] Microsoft adver-FUD on SourceForge

    >> Think about it.  Steve Smith is right.  It helps pay the bills
    >> for Sourceforge[2], and these look very much like actual facts,

    Edward> They always do until you check the details.

Well, if you've done so, please let us know what they are.  The
Microsoft case studies I've read clearly involve information that is
highly proprietary to the client, so the details cannot easily be
checked in a useful way.  The most important claim (that the company
used to use Linux and now used Embedded XP) is hardly likely to be
faked, although it has happened.  But your experience is different, I
gather?

Of course the numbers have to be taken with a grain of salt, as the
manager interviewed is going to want to blow his own horn, and will
likely cooperate with some degree of exaggeration, and sweeping some
costs under the rug.  But FLOSS maintainers are hardly above that, and
any businessman worth his salt is going to have a nose for that kind
of thing.

    >> You should also remember that every time Microsoft is forced to
    >> mention Linux, it validates Linux as serious competition.  Any
    >> decent businessman realizes that any product that deserves his
    >> vendor's negative advertising also deserves his serious
    >> consideration.

    Edward> Yes and if you bang you head into a brick wall enough you
    Edward> will probably strengthen your skull but that doesn't make
    Edward> it a desirable path to follow.

Speaking of FUD ... don't you recognize a non sequitor when you post one?