Re: [tlug] Thoughts on pdaXrom on the Zaurus 760

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 18:00 +0900, Edward Middleton wrote:
> Alain Hoang wrote:
> > Installation
> > -----------
> > However, I am unclear why the docs tell you to create a 50MB root
> > partition if you're a SL-C760/860/etc user then mention at the bottom of
> > the docs about something about wanting to use a root partition more
> > than 57MB to do some extra tweaking. Which is it?
> >
> You should be able to use up to 122MB? Will check the details when I get
> home.
When you boot into the pdaXrom installer select option "3. NAND Flash
Utils", then "3. Fix Sharp loader NAND 64MB limit (SL760/SL860 only)".
After it is finished and you will go through a reboot.  You need to get
back to the installer NAND flash utils page and select "1. Resize root
partition", and then enter 121.  If you decide to try the openzaurus ROM
you will need to first restore your original NAND Flash Back Up from the
maintenance menu, because it won't work with the pdaXrom partition
scheme.

Edward